Saturday, October 23, 2010

Multimedia Project- Week 1 Storyboard

Click here for a link to my storyboard

This week has been really fun viewing and thinking up an idea for an instructional video. It makes me think about how much more interactive my learning could have been growing up if teachers had this technology available to them. I'm not exactly tech "savvy" either so I always get nervous when I'm asked to do new things with technology, but this project is another example of how my confidence had been built with technology.
For this assignment, I decided to do an instructional video for a Human Geography or World Geography class, which is something I am hoping to teach. I took the idea from a teacher at Oak Canyon Junior High who several years ago gave me his lesson plan with full permission to use it in any way.

While I am gathering material for this video, I have a few questions. One, I'm still working out the kinks with copyright issues and I'm wondering if I am only allowed to use a photo from the CreativeCommons section of Flickr, even if I site another photo and use it for educational purposes. Also, I have a PC and I have been wondering if as a teacher there would be any benefits to getting a Mac versus a PC. I know Macs are good for creative things such as iPhoto and iMovie and I was wondering if in the future it would be a good idea as a teacher to get a Mac. Just a question :)

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, as for Flickr and copyright---technically I think you're okay to use other pictures as well as long as you don't change them or use them commercially. I just like creative commons images because they've been licensed specifically to share with others, and you don't have to worry about using too much from one person or anything. But one or two pics from other people should be fine if you cite them and don't mess with their original photo.

    As for Macs, about half of schools, I've heard use Macs and half use PCs. It's good to know both as a teacher because your students will use both. That's one reason why I teach Macs in this class. One nice thing about Macs is that they run PC and Mac operating systems and software, whereas PCs can only run PC software.

    ReplyDelete