Friday, December 10, 2010

Final Blog Reflection

1. I can honestly say that every technology I have learned in this class will be helpful in my future career as a teacher. However, some of the most effective technologies I learned was how to make a class website.


2. I plan to use this technology as a teacher in order to improve parent-teacher communication, but also to get students involved. If any of my teachers in high school or junior high ever had a class website (which I'm not even sure they did) I never knew about it. However, students today will be so immersed in a technological generation that getting on the internet and viewing a teacher's website will be much more common. I plan on using my website and perhaps integrating wiki technology into it to get students more involved. For example, people can comment questions they have so I could have a FAQ page where parents can look before they e-mail me with questions.

3. One of my goals as a teacher is to engage my students in more ACTIVE learning. Technology is a great way to do this. One of the ways I can involve my students is through Google Earth. I used this for my Personal Technology Project, and it would be a great way to enhance student's learning of geography by helping them to view in 3-D places that would be unrealistic to travel to. It would be more interesting than just simply looking at pictures in a textbook. Another technology I would use is a social network or some sort of blog to have students work together to form study guides or discussion groups. Basically, I could use a class social network to get students to do their homework on to get them more involved and discussing issues with other classmates. It is a more interactive (not to mention more fun) way of getting students to become interested in a topic.

1 comment: